The new Detech Chaser 14kHz VLF metal detector combines:
- the best depth and sensitivity
- extremely stable operation
- excellent discrimination
For now, only the 14kHz version is available as this is the best general use frequency. The other versions (4,8 kHz and 28 kHz) are scheduled to be released later in 2016 and 2017.
The new Chaser is intuitive and extremely easy to operate:
- 5 languages Menu – English, French, Russian, Spanish and Turkish
- It also features a HELP function in each of the languages in order to make thing easy for the beginner operator
With its multi-purpose 14 kHz operating frequency, this exceptional all-terrain metal detector is useful for all kinds of metal detecting: coin shooting, relic hunting, nugget hunting, searching for very deep treasures, beach hunting… you name it!
- 180 units precise VDI scale
- ID band on the display, showing the conductivity of the different targets, indicating the chosen degree of discrimination
- Easily adjustable discrimination levels
- Four preset discrimination programs: DISC ZERO, RELIC, COINS, BEACH.
- Choice of three audio modes of operation: ONE TONE, DUAL TONE (MIXED), Tonal Identification (MULTITONE)
- Accurate PINPOINT function with audio and visual indication
- Easy to use MENU featuring 6 functions having intuitive assigned ICONS: Sensitivity, Volume, High/Low GAIN, Tone, Frequency, Memory (you can save your last used settings)
- Full Ground Balance capabilities: Automatic (real time terrain tracking), Manual (you can fine tune it according to your specific needs and terrain) and Fixed (factory preset average value)
- Built-in LED dual torches for illuminating the coil and the area in front of the operator (the operator can activate this function which is very useful for night hunting)
- High Resolution 256 x 160 pixels illuminated display
All search coils are fiber glass reinforced, ultralight, solidly built, waterproof and shock-resistant. Scratch resistant coil covers come standard with all coils.
Please note: all the coils of the other 14 kHz Detech metal detectors (EDS Plus I/II, EDS Winner I/II, EDS Reacher 14 kHz) can also be used with the new Chaser 14 kHz and, in the same way, all the coils of the new Chaser 14 Khz can also be used with the previous 14 kHz Detech metal detectors.
Real telescopic carbon fiber stem, ultralight and super strong! It allows a very precise adjustment of handle’s positioning. Its wide adjusting capability allows even very tall or very short users to comfortably operate the detector. Its maximum extended length is 1450 mm (57 inches). When collapsed for transporting, its length is 740 mm (29 inches).
The detector uses 4 AA batteries providing more than 20 hours of continuous operation.
The Chaser provides a 3.5 mm (1/8”) stereo headphones input.
An excellently balanced detector, having the overall weight of only 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) including the batteries and the Ultimate 9″ stock coil.
Warranty term: 2 years
Electronic control unit
Telescopic stem (carbon fiber)
220 VAC charger for Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
One, two or three coils, according to the ordered/paid package
User manual (English)